Things I Like

Saturday, October 08, 2005

#140 Dungen

I just caught Dungen live at the 400 Bar here in Minneapolis. Gustav Ejstes and his bandmates put on a show that faithfully recreates the tasty psyche-rock hooks that make Ta Det Lugnt such a listenable record. But that's not to say that the band sounds hemmed in -- the compositions feel organic and improvisational.

The tour is just wrapping up, so try to catch them if you can. Supporting Dungen is the mesmerizing Mia Doi Todd. Show up early and catch her a capella cover of Dylan's "Masters of War."

3 Comments:

  • Write me an email sometime, you fink.

    By Blogger Robyn, at 12:15 PM  

  • Hi there!
    I read your story "Jill Plays Atari" after seeing it mentioned on Souther Salazar's website (he referred to it in passing as a "sad story", which was enough to get me to google it.) and just wanted to say that I enjoyed it immensely.
    If you have any collection of (your own short) stories, I'd love a read more.
    Cheers!

    By Blogger leirda, at 9:32 PM  

  • Sorry, as I'm sure you know, I meant "Jill Played Atari".

    By Blogger leirda, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home