Things I Like

Monday, September 05, 2005

#135 Nintendo DS


It's been a slow first year for Nintendo's dual screen follow-up to the GameBoy Advance. While there have been a few great titles out available (namely Meteos and Kirby Canvas Curse) it's just now that we're really starting to see must-own titles hitting stores. Alexis and I have both been playing Nintendogs, a virtual pet simulator that takes great advantage of the DS's touch-screen and voice recognition and wireless capabilities. The excellent strategy game Advance Wars: Dual Strike has been spending quite a bit of time in my DS as well. I've already powered through the game's story mode and am now working my way through the game's many battle maps. The third game in my rotation is goofy import called Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan! This music game (from the makers of Gitaroo Man) asks you to tap and draw on the touch screen in time to the music. Of all the games I've played for the DS, Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the most ingenious. The PSP may have more computing power and versatility, but the Nintendo DS delivers one-of-a-kind experiences that game lovers won't want to miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home