Things I Like

Thursday, February 24, 2005

#126 World of Warcraft

If there's one culprit to blame for my neglect of this site it would have to be my latest MMO addiction, World of Warcraft. And if there were ever a game that deserved such undivided attention, this is it. It's no exaggeration to say that Blizzard has created the greatest virtual world since Ultima Online. They've all but removed the "grind" that has made most other games in this genre (Everquest, Final Fantasy 11, etc.) feel so tedious. Hundreds of varied quests make progression from level to level much more colorful. And grouping with other players, though frequently useful, isn't the end-all-be-all of the game. In essence, they've made this kind of online gaming fun again by giving players freedom to play the game the way they see fit.

I've never experienced "endgame" -- the change in gameplay that occurs when you can no longer level up (World of Warcraft characters max out at Level 60). Until recently, tasting such power was the domain of only the most hard-core. Several of my friends are nearing the peak already, and I'm not terrible far behind.

So, if you can't reach me via email or telephone, give a whisper to Tura on the Silver Hand server.

1 Comments:

  • Well, you can go to netcafe if you don't have one...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home