Things I Like

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

#103 Junk Food



This weekend I ate my share of bad food.

My first dishes were served Saturday at the annual Sunset Junction street fair. I'm a sucker for what many call "Mexican-style" hot dogs - which are franks wrapped in bacon, then smothered with sautéed onions and chilies. My second course consisted of an excellent serving of Cuban-style roasted pork, black beans and rice and a fried plantain. This meal was too good to be considered fast food, but since I'm providing a blow-by-blow account of my food orgy, I figured I'd include it. Later that evening I went to Dodger's stadium where I enjoyed a Dodger Dog, an order of nachos and several over-priced cups of beer.

The next day, I grabbed lunch at In-N-Out. I ordered my Double Double "animal-style" (which means double toppings) and had a delicious chocolate shake. For dinner Alexis and I returned to the street fair. The booth selling Indian food had run out of curry, so I settled for another bacon-wrapped hot dog.

I'll be paying for this weekend at the gym.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home